The bedroom is the most important room in your home. It’s where you’ll spend the majority of your time sleeping and the first place you see when you get up in the morning to start the day.
It’s not a good way to get out of bed, especially if your feet are cold. This is why carpeting is so popular in bedrooms today. It’s easy to find the right carpet for your bedroom if you just follow these tips.
Think about your style
Your bedroom’s style can be very different from other rooms in your home. To ensure that your bedroom’s new flooring doesn’t clash with your decor, it is important to first consider your personal tastes.
If you have a traditional bedroom, it is best to avoid anything too bold. However, if you have a bedroom with a mixture of styles and an eclectic feel, there are many options for carpeting. Depending on the space, the size of your bedroom and the furniture, up to half of your carpet may be hidden in your bedroom. The style of the bedroom may not be as important as how it feels.
When a manufacturer refers to “pile”, they mean height or density. This can affect how comfortable your carpet underfoot is. The pile height is a measure of how high the fibers are. It doesn’t include backing. Although high pile carpet feels great under your feet, it is susceptible to being crushed by heavy foot traffic.
Pile density is a measure of how dense carpet fibers are. Carpets with a higher pile will last longer and be more durable. Low pile carpets are best for areas such as living rooms or those that will take a beating. However, they are not recommended for bedrooms. Pile is important but not as vital as the next two.
Fiber and Style
Comfort is influenced by the type of fiber you choose. However, it also has an impact on style and cost. A plush style will give you the softest carpet for your bedroom. If you can afford wool, then it is a great choice. Otherwise, you should consider polyester. While nylon and other fibers don’t make you feel uncomfortable, they aren’t the softest.
A good cut pile carpet can be a great alternative if you don’t like plush. Although they are as comfortable as shag carpeting in terms of comfort, loop-style carpets feel less soft under your feet. Sisal is a beautiful choice for your bedroom or den. However, it’s not as comfortable as shag or cut pile carpeting made of wool or polyester.
The Green Factor
It is a good idea to buy eco-friendly flooring. However, there are hidden benefits to choosing hardwood, vinyl or carpeting. You will have better indoor air quality. The flooring industry has been plagued for decades by concerns about VOCs and off-gassing. But, if you pay attention to a few key features, those worries are now gone.
When installing carpeting in your bedroom, make sure it is certified Green Label Plus or meets similar standards. A safe carpet is essential in every room. However, most people spend 7 to 8 hours sleeping in their bedrooms each night so indoor air quality is crucial. VOCs in carpeting can be caused by the backing layer and fibers, unless you have wool carpet for your bedroom.
The pros and cons of bedroom carpeting
There are benefits and drawbacks to any flooring type you choose for a room. Although you might think that there is nothing wrong with the carpet in your bedroom, there are some things you should keep in mind.
Bedroom Carpet Pros
- Warmth – There’s nothing worse than the first thing you see when your feet hit a tile or hardwood floor. Bedroom carpet provides insulation and warmth, so it won’t matter what the weather is outside.
- Comfort Level – Warmth and comfort go hand in hand. Comfortable carpeting is better than cold feet. If you have a thick, comfortable carpet in your bedroom, your slippers can be put aside and your feet will feel great.
- The price – While carpeting a whole house can seem expensive, one room can be quite affordable. Even high-quality carpet will cost less than luxury vinyl planks and engineered flooring with the same quality.
- Pets – Do your cat or dog love to snuggle in the bed at night? Or take a nap during the day? Although we cannot help you clean your bed or vacuum it,we can tell that vacuum will collect pet hairs from their wanderings. Visit bestvacuumforcleaning.com/best-vacuum-for-carpet-and-hardwood-floors-reviews/ for cleaning your carpet in an easy way.
- Stains – Unless you prefer nylon, the softest carpets aren’t always the most stain-resistant. Stains can cause problems in any room of your home, even though durability is not usually a concern. You should consider pets as well as messy children and muddy feet.
Any type of carpet can be installed in your bedroom. It doesn’t matter what style you choose, as long as it suits your needs. There are many styles and fibers available that can be installed in bedrooms. Some are designed for comfort, while others are made to last. Check out our carpet buying guide to learn more about the different types and fibers of the carpet.